Monday, November 28, 2005

Thankful for Thanksgiving

My family and I had a great Thanksgiving. As last year, we all traveled to Rob & Heidi’s house in Berne, Indiana. With our Rob’s family (us), and Heidi’s family (Bjokne family), and the spouses of siblings, a child, and Dena (Heidi & Rob’s pup), there were 14 – if my count is correct. Heidi and Rob were great hosts for our thanksgiving celebration. The high point of the weekend was the concert that the combined families held for the church and community, Friday evening. A concert of nearly an hour takes a lot of preparation. Rob & Heidi did a great job planning the event. We all enjoyed he opportunity to serve God together, including the “burning brass.” Anyway, I want to say how grateful I am to God that Rob & Heidi could do this for the families again this year.

No comments: